TEAM EXCHANGE


Hmmmmm this is just a story of me working on ma Exchange 2010 Lab setup and will take you to a tour that a newbie might face or I go through. Will try to engage each and every problem and their resolutions in this process. 


So here I am:


The Team stands in such a way: 
Domain Name : jhsmh.org
Domain Controller: JHSMHDC01 - Handling the DNS-GC-DHCP roles
Server Handling Exchange: PSC-CSC-EXCH


The whole setup stand on vmWare 7.1 Workstation and my system has 3GB RAM out of which the new 1GB RAM i added recently is totally unreliable :(.
Hardware Virtualization: Enabled


I have ISO'z for Exchange 2010 x64 and EX2007 SP3(for migration practicals) ready with me but last night i realized the EX2007 SP3 ISO is for 32 bit. Sad but have to find out a new way to work on Exchange Migrations.


Next problem was the pre-requisites: I have wasted a day now as there were some prerequisites I dint meet.


1. .NET Framework 3.5 SP1- not installed(sorry dint have Internet at home- gotta install it at office)
2. Windows Powershell v2.0- Were able to install it from my server 2008 Features


But Now i think i should have gone through this article below before installing EXCHANGE- Will make sure I do it the next time
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/d685a6fb-c5b4-4495-a318-76873a00a18a/



Comments

Popular Posts