Exchange Management Console connect to an incorrect server - Initialization Failed


Issue:
This came up out of the blue one day and struck like lightening. I tried opening the EMC and all I could see my most hated error "Initialization Failed" bouncing right in front of me. What i could see was that it was pointing to the right servername but the domain was one of our child Domain.

After doing some research, it was clear it was due to some User Profile corruption as I tried logging using a different account and the EMC worked fine.
EMC opened up all right when pointed to the correct server but the Initialization Failed window on the top Exchange forest was irritating me.

Resolution:
Open an elevated Command Prompt and paste the following command:

DEL "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MMCDEL "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC\Exchange Management Console.*"
REG DELETE HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\v14\AdminTools /v NodeStructureSettings /f

The issue should be fixed else keep trying!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts